Search This Blog

Rheumatic fever.

Immunologic mulitsystem inflammatory disease following Group A β hemolytic Streptococcus( GABHS) throat infection or skin infection

If not treated in time, can progress to RHD( Rheumatic Heart Disease) with multivalvular lesions

Modified duckett jones criteria:

Major –

carditis,
Migratory polyarthritis,
chorea,
erythema marginatum,
subcutaneous nodules

Minor –

previous RHD,
arthralgia, fever,
elevated ESR,
ECG changes( PR prolongation)

Essential criteria

h/o scarlet fever or sore throat in the past
Throat swab culture positive for GABHS
2 major criteria or 1 major and 2 minor criteria should be fulfilled for diagnosis

RF Pathogenesis:

Heart valve glycoproteins cross-react with hyaluronate capsule of strep

Cross reactivity between cardiac muscle and strep cell wall M proteins

Cytotoxic T cells sensitized to strep antigens lyse heart cells

Immunoglobulins and complement attach to cardiac myocytes and Aschoff nodules are formed

“licks the joints and bites the heart”

Bacteria are themselves absent from the lesion in the heart.

7 comments:

  1. Dude i was searching for verrucae in RF and ended up here..Good work man..its ameen !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the above article and got some knowledge from your article which is about arthralgia It's actually great and useful data for us. Thanks for sharing it. sciatica clinic Phoenix AZ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is very valuable which you have shared here about Rheumatic fever. I appreciate your efforts which you have put into this article and also it is a gainful article for us. Thank you for sharing this article here. flu testing services

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to give many thanks for posting such an informative post. I got some useful knowledge from this post. Thanks for posting it. Keep it up. Physical Therapy back

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad that I came here and I can gain more information about this. You have written this article very factual which is understandable for everyone, Thanks for share it. chirpractor near me in kl

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have given great content here.Neck Pain Doctor Nj I am glad to discover this post as I found lots of valuable data in your article. Thanks for sharing an article like this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I generally check this kind of article and I found your article which is related to my interest.Regenerative Medicine in Usa Genuinely it is good and instructive information. Thankful to you for sharing an article like this.

    ReplyDelete